ForumsNewsThe New Tasks Section

The New Tasks Section
leone8_1333202367

Posted: Mar 08, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
other feedback: I can't see the star tasks section anymore.
joshg253

(I'm only looking at the web version in Firefox on Windows right now)

Looking good!

In the beta I tested there was something weird about repeating Tasks with repeating Subtasks -- looks like it works correctly now. :)

Is there a way to have Task notes shown by default, like I have in the old/current version? Since there are no sub-Subtasks, I use notes.

Also, too much whitespace for the notes in the new one.

EDIT: Actually, even with sub-subtasks (which I'd love), I'd still need Task notes. I usually have something like: a Task Category as Parent Task, then Subtasks with clickable URLs as a note.

This message was edited Mar 08, 2017.
vivendom.budget

On the old version i usually found tasks by the option "task contains" but now i don't find task field on searches

could you solve it please?

thank you
tannen

BIG problem just discovered in the new version....

Some (and only some) of my repeating tasks aren't showing as repeating tasks - they have the correct start and due dates, but the repeat icon isn't showing in the check box and they are showing "No Repeat" in the task details. Searching on tasks that repeat yearly displays 94 in the old version and 64 in the new version. This is really weird, and a little scary, because those tasks are showing correctly in the old Tasks view and in Ultimate Todo List on my Android.

Unfortunately, this is a major showstopper for me so I've gone back to the old version until this issue can be sorted out. Thanks in advance for looking into it.
Duncan HF

Score: 2 Reference
Hi, I use the calendar view a lot (BUG)

- I agree with a previous comment - it is not working - no it's not my filters (fyi - I can't see an @due under the eye - if I look on this on old format I see show in calendar, but I don't have this on the new format!)...
- the panel is too wide as the text on the dates are too big, prefer smaller please
- the "dots" previously shown as to whether you had tasks on those days was good, that feature seems to have been lost, shame

I should add that changing the dates on a task seems very very slow compared to previous layout...

Thanks.

Dave

My saved searches are not working properly in the new interface. I have a search that does this:

Checked off is no

And one or more of the following is true:

- Starred is yes or
- Due date is before 2 days or
- Start date is before 2 days or
- Context is no context or
- Context is inbox

None of the dated tasks which appear in the old interface will appear in the new interface. I haven't tested the context of no context or inbox, but not showing the dated tasks is most important, and does not allow me to use the new interface. I really like the new display, but data accuracy is more important.
liskapetr.cz

I really like on the "original" Toodledo that search is not "diacritic" sensistive.
(If I search "Novak", it gives me the same results as "Novák").

But it seems, that this is not possible in the new version.

Please enable it again - it's very very helpful (and I belive that not only for me).
Thank you in advance.
KatBoy

Love the new look but causing major problem for me.

I use Thunderbird tabs for Toodledo, but some things I click automatically opens up in Firefox.

Example: click on Star, click to show notes

Other things just open a "pop-up", ie when I click on date, context, etc.
Radha Soami ji

Jake, thanks for the update. I would request that if we could add allow notifications option in mobile browsers. This way we could get notified about due events and no other applications would be required.

Chrome has this option for sites where sites ask to allow for notifications and once allowed the chrome on android allows to push notifications for these sites.

It would be a great feature and request you to implement it. If already implemented please let me know. Thanks once again
rmpriest

Trying the new interface, noticed a minor annoyance. When using the Quick Add Task on the old version, it would automatically correct the capitalization of the tag. For example if I typed /operations, it would assign the tag "Operations" as saved in my tag list. In the new version if I type /operations, it shows "operations" in the list of tasks. The old ones appear with "Operations" but the non-auto-corrected ones show "operations".

Ok, that was weird. It happened once but not the next time.

BobGott

Yo Jake ...
So in chrome, my main browser, the new task view is not synching. I modified some tasks yesterday in the old task view .. but the mods have not changed in the new task view. I've done refresh, restarted chrome, etc. .. still the new task view is not updated.

When I go to firefox .. the new task view is correct .. hence, it appears to be a cache problem in chrome.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by BobGott:
So in chrome, my main browser, the new task view is not synching. I modified some tasks yesterday in the old task view .. but the mods have not changed in the new task view. I've done refresh, restarted chrome, etc. .. still the new task view is not updated.

When I go to firefox .. the new task view is correct .. hence, it appears to be a cache problem in chrome.

I saw this after submitting a trouble ticket - sure enough, tried the new task view in IE, instead of Chrome, and my "missing" tasks are visible again. I'll update my ticket. Thanks Bob
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@dandrei: The new tasks section is a little stricter on certain saved search rules with regard to dates. For example:

Due-date is before "7 days from now"

This technically worked in the old interface, but it wasn't an officially supported syntax. In the new interface you will need to do something like this instead:

Due-date was in the last 1000 days OR due-date is in the next 7 days.

This may be why your saved searches are not showing up correctly.
pawelkaleta

I like the way the Tasks section is being improved. Even though there are still lot of features which could enhance overall experience with Toodledo even more (like for example possibility to transform items between various Toodledo sections, better handling of "projects" idea, drag&drop operations or better managing of parents&subtasks, etc.) it is already great tool and allows to keep the most important stuff well organized.

Some of new features like smart add, breadcrumb bar, batch edits of any list or some visual adjustments have already improved things a lot, even if some bugs might still occur from time to time for some users. Keep up good work, I only hope this is not the end of all efforts around improvements of Tasks section!
c5000nc

Posted by Jake:
If the calendar isn't showing anything its probably because the filters have it set to not show anything. Click the "eye" icon and then in the calendar filter, click the things you want it to show.

The new combined Date and Calendar tab seems to have several issues
- In Explorer, the calendar on the left is grayed out, so it's not usable.
- In both Explorer and Chrome, under the Eye, 'Show on Calendar' is missing. So, there's nowhere to indicate whether you want to show Due, Starting or In Progress. As a result, in Chrome where I can indicate a date, no tasks show for any of the dates.

Thanks.
Dave

Jake - I tried your suggested modification to my saved search and it matched the search in the old interface. Thank you. What I don't understand is why I should have to do that? Shouldn't that logic be inherent in my request of "before 2 days"? It seems like a cludge to have to add "was in the last 1000 days" as an additional line to get the same results.
c5000nc

When I click on Tasks in the top left corner, it takes me to Hotlist, even though I have Searches as my default for Tasks. I don't see anyway to override this.

When I do this in the current Tasks setup, it defaults to Searches (and the last Saved Search I was on) as it should.
Salgud

I've taken a good look at the new format, and overall it looks great and works well, with a few exceptions:

1. Why are there sometimes 3 states for the parent task indicator? There are the horizontal arrow, the vertical arrow, and the cluster of 3 dots that go away as soon as you click on them and, as near as I can tell, never come back. So why the 3 dot thingy? From first glance, all it tells me is that I've never viewed its subtasks, but only until I do. So why have it?

2. The calendar view, which, I never have used since it changed for the worse some years ago. Now, no matter how many dates I select in the calendar, no tasks show. Trick? Whatever the "trick" is, it's certainly not intuitive.

3. Saved Searches - Seems like they're all still there, from a quick glance. However, the display of the criteria of existing Saved Searches is now not at all apparent, after 5 minutes of clicking everywhere I can think of, I still can't find them. Again, I sure there's a trick, but I'm not fond of tricks in software. Sure, after I'm shown them, I can do them, but this is an uneeded hurdle for noobs. Also, there is an "Advance Search" button that I know was there at one point, but I haven't been able to unearth it since. Where did it go? With the Modify button and advanced search buttons now concealed, the interface is a tiny bit cleaner, but far more abstruse. One of the best features of TD is now pretty much concealed.
pawelkaleta

Ad 1. Yes, this is the same question I wanted to ask. Three dots never come back once you click on them, at least until you refresh the page. Why is it working like that?
vopazo

I dont know why, but now i have more tan 3000 task created today. And i dont see the task taht i really créate.

What can i do?

thanks

Victor
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.