ForumsQuestionsIssue with iOS 17.0.1 Update

Issue with iOS 17.0.1 Update
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 02, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
Lindsay,

It seems you are experiencing the crashes with the legacy app.
The solution is the next generation app!

Posted by lindsayivory:
Agreed with other feedback, my app keeps crashing after ios17 - super frustrating!

Will this be fixed? This simple question seems to be getting lost in Hasnein’s responses.

Also agree that using some weird test flight thing as an lternative is sketchy. If it’s not available in the App Store, I’m not using it.

This message was edited Oct 02, 2023.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Dear Community,

We have contemplated a lot about releasing the next generation app on the App store asap.
However, due to strategic reasons we have decided against doing so for the time being..

We have focused on iterating on features that are *more important for our existing long-time (and important paying subscriber) Toodledo users* (which is most useful for someone like yourself). Distributing via TestFlight for now enables us to keep prioritizing efforts towards that goal of best serving existing users like you in the most efficient and effective way.

Separate from the impact to the velocity of iteration, putting in the App Store at this moment would require us to first invest time on features that are not as meaningful to existing users, eg: creating and configuring new Toodledo accounts within the mobile app, introducing various Toodledo concepts (that new users won't already understand) within the mobile app, etc.
Our more immediate goal is to continue iterating towards better experiences for existing users, and every minute that we invest in these (completely new to Toodledo) user features is a minute that could have instead gone towards other features most useful to the existing longtime userbase (including loyal long term subscribers) that we're so committed to! This is the way for us to best serve *you*, the *existing* Toodledo users, who are already here engaging with us.

While we will of course eventually need to make some investments in the Next Gen app for the sake of users brand new to Toodledo, we have not felt that time has yet come.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

This message was edited Oct 02, 2023.
maphiwe

Score: 1 Reference
This does not make any sense.

Basically, you are saying that the Production app is for new users, while existing users should switch to the Beta app.

This means that new users are exposed to a broken app that crashes on them as soon as they try to change something in a task.

Well, it‘s your business. If you think a broken app in the AppStore is your best way forward, then so be it.

But I don‘t understand it.
mlb32704

Posted: Oct 03, 2023
Score: 2 Reference
I have not been satisfied by the generic repeated responses that we are getting out of Toodledo, so I have reached out to Apple directly to see what they can do.

Toodledo needs to either fix the current legacy app to run on iOS 17 without issues, or release the next gen app into production. If Toodledo is offering an app through the Apple App Store, that app has to work with the current iOS version.

Feel free to provide your feedback and experiences at either one of these sites. I provided an update to Apple on both:

https://reportaproblem.apple.com

https://apple.com/feedback
reidnorthrup

Posted: Oct 04, 2023
Score: 1 Reference
Also agree with all the others that have commented with your program after IOS17. I'm getting continual crashes out of nowhere. Agree with MLB32704. They have clearly explained the issues and that your customers shouldn't be your guinea pigs for getting your product fixed. Please get this fixed or I'm going to have to find another that works. This nonstop crashing is unacceptable.
76steelers

Posted: Nov 30, 2023
I also have this issue. I modify three tasks, and the app crashes.
amy.phil

Posted: Dec 09, 2023
Repeated crashes here too, since iOS 17 upgrade. I tried the Test Flight version but it had problems too. I emailed the company and got no response. Done.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 09, 2023
Posted by amy.phil:
Repeated crashes here too, since iOS 17 upgrade. I tried the Test Flight version but it had problems too. I emailed the company and got no response. Done.

Hi Amy,

Could you kindly email us at [email protected]
We haven’t received any email from you so far.

@all it is not a matter of being a guinea pig. We kindly request all existing members to download the next generation mobile app. This app is stable and will be introduced to the apple App Store in early 2024.

Thanks!

This message was edited Dec 09, 2023.
eduardocrivas1

Posted: Dec 21, 2023
Hi there,

I have been having trouble with the app as everyone else. The app freezes in my iphone, it is not working whatsoever. I thought it had to do with the phone, so I did a backup copy and fully reset it, only to find out that from the dozens of apps that I have, Toodledo is the only one affected. I have been using your app for more than years, and paid it. But if you do not fix it soon I will have to migrate to another app and obviously ask you for a refund, this has been going on for too long without service.
warrenmwright

Posted: Jan 05, 2024
Does the legacy App still crash when you buy a paid subscription of it?
mlb32704

Posted by warrenmwright:
Does the legacy App still crash when you buy a paid subscription of it?

I don't think that you have to buy a paid subscription for the Legacy App in order to avoid crashes, it's been pretty stable. But I stopped using it weeks ago, Toodledo is putting a lot of time, effort and hard work into the Next Gen App, and it really shows. I am very happy with the look and feel, performance and functionality of the Next Gen app across various platforms. My only outstanding items were some weird data syncing issues (duplicates and missing entries between platforms and devices), and they may have fixed that with the latest release. Too soon to tell. But my strong advice would be to migrate to Next Gen. If you actually spend the time using it, you'll find that it's actually superior to the Legacy app. And that is from a long time Toodledo user who hates change :)
warrenmwright

Thank you so much for your helpful and quick reply!! So, how do I switch over to the new generation app? Thx!

This message was edited Jan 05, 2024.
mlb32704

Posted by warrenmwright:
Thank you so much for your helpful and quick reply!! So, how do I switch over to the new generation app? Thx!

Windows/Web: I have the following bookmarked for the Next Gen app - http://tasks.toodledo.com.

iOS - download the TestFlight application. Go through the various intro screens until you hopefully get to a screen where you can install the patched Legacy app (original light blue logo) and/or the Next Gen app (new darker blue logo). Install one or both, fire it up, accept the offer to start beta testing, set it up the way that you would like (it will follow your Windows/Web settings by default), and that’s pretty much it.

I have both the Legacy and Next Gen sites bookmarked and apps installed, as Toodledo is just now getting that Next Gen app stable. I will probably delete the Legacy link and app shortly, you will experience problems if you go back and forth with things like dupes and data syncing. Just an FYI.

Good luck!
warrenmwright

Thanks again!!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.