ForumsQuestionsGoodbye

Goodbye
Joxn

Posted: Oct 15, 2023
Score: 3 Reference
Hello,

after more than a decade of using Toodledo, I made the switch this weekend and say 'goodbye' to a mostly fantastic service. Using a website/app for that long is certainly not the norm, but Toodledo was always there and could be adapted to my changing needs.

However, when looking at the whole iOS 17 mess - it really is a mess! - I lost faith that things are going to improve in the near future.

1. I am baffled to hear that the team insists to provide the legacy app via the App Store that continues to crash on the current iOS version. Everybody should be aware of the speed of iOS adoption rates. This means that basically in a few weeks hardly any customer is able to use the Toodledo version that is provided via the App Store.

This will lead to bad ratings and a reputation damage that I would expect is more difficult to repair than a broken app.

2. I have also tried the Next-Generation App via TestFlight for some time - I started using it prior to iOS 17 every now and then and made the full switch for a couple of days when my phone was updated to iOS 17. Like the team says the application is not ready. It is lacking a number of features and settings. I am actually slower than in the legacy app.

3. The communication in this forum does not increase my faith that the team is going to be able to quickly conduct a turn-around. There is no roadmap when the Next-Generation App will be ready for the App Store (i.e. ready for everybody) leaving the users in the dark. Also the time it takes to get an answer in the forum - if at all - is an indication that the team is either overwhelmed or does not have the means to make maintain Toodledo.

So yes, there might be a (limited) possibility (via TestFlight) to continue using Toodledo with iOS 17, but due to the lack of communication/transparency and general trust to pull things off, I am saying 'goodbye'.

I really hope for a change of hearts and that a great app is soon to be released, I will keep an eye open on this.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 16, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
Dear Community,

We have contemplated a lot about releasing the next generation app on the App store asap.
However, due to strategic reasons we have decided against doing so for the time being..

We have focused on iterating on features that are *more important for our existing long-time (and important paying subscriber) Toodledo users* (which is most useful for someone like yourself). Distributing via TestFlight for now enables us to keep prioritizing efforts towards that goal of best serving existing users like you in the most efficient and effective way.

Separate from the impact to the velocity of iteration, putting in the App Store at this moment would require us to first invest time on features that are not as meaningful to existing users, eg: creating and configuring new Toodledo accounts within the mobile app, introducing various Toodledo concepts (that new users won't already understand) within the mobile app, etc.
Our more immediate goal is to continue iterating towards better experiences for existing users, and every minute that we invest in these (completely new to Toodledo) user features is a minute that could have instead gone towards other features most useful to the existing longtime userbase (including loyal long term subscribers) that we're so committed to! This is the way for us to best serve *you*, the *existing* Toodledo users, who are already here engaging with us.

While we will of course eventually need to make some investments in the Next Gen app for the sake of users brand new to Toodledo, we have not felt that time has yet come.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!
NadineV

Posted: Oct 18, 2023
Score: 3 Reference
Thanks for the reply - although it is mostly copy & paste from previous posts and does not really address my post.

While I could agree to your standpoint some weeks ago, you are completely ignoring two things that I mentioned above and was hoping for you to reconsider:
1. Your current (legacy) app that you offer via the App Store is broken since iOS 17.
2. You are not sharing a concrete plan by when the new app is ready to replace the legacy app. Neither based on specific features that you perceive as necessary nor are you giving actual dates. You leave your customers completely in the dark.

“It is ready when it is ready” is not working if your app is broken.

But that’s your decision. I made mine and moved to a different solution and while it sucks to form a new workflow, it is actually possible.
lindsayivory

Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Score: 1 Reference
Sadly, I am ready to make the move over to Microsoft To do…. I just can’t believe the team won’t fix the bugs in production. 🤯
pdwhite

Posted: Nov 16, 2023
Score: -1 Reference
I have no, zero, nada issues with either version of the app on IOS 17 (running 17.1.1)
NewLifetimePlus2019Aug

Posted: Nov 19, 2023
All versions of ToodleDo on my Windows desktop and my iOS devices (phone and iPad) work great -- as they always have.

I hope you change NOTHING. It works the way I need it to. Don't need any new features. My way of working is the same it was ten years ago.

Thanks, Jake!

-- K in San Diego
NewLifetimePlus2019Aug

Posted: Nov 19, 2023
I have never had a crash on iOS or Windows. Works great as is!
mluecht

Posted: Nov 25, 2023
Score: 1 Reference
No threat of leaving or anything but my Apple Toodledo has never crashed and since an IOS update the other day, it is now consistently crashing...why I am here on a forum to see who else is dealing with it. Just saying. All fine on the website. I sure hope a fix for IOS is coming because after 15 years or so of using it, I really don't want to leave but may have to.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 27, 2023
@mluecht,

We are aware of this issue and are currently inviting all existing users to switch to the next generation mobile app:
https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps
mbrinkma

Posted: Dec 13, 2023
Score: 2 Reference
I am also seeing crashes on both the iOS and Android apps.

It primarily occurs when I try to change the due date on a task. The app consistently crashes after the first or second attempted task change. Sometimes the change is remembered when the app is restarted, and all of the times I've checked, the change is posted to the database as well (viewable via the web site).

The web site seems to be working fine.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 20, 2023
Posted by mbrinkma:
I am also seeing crashes on both the iOS and Android apps.

It primarily occurs when I try to change the due date on a task. The app consistently crashes after the first or second attempted task change. Sometimes the change is remembered when the app is restarted, and all of the times I've checked, the change is posted to the database as well (viewable via the web site).

The web site seems to be working fine.

mbrinkma,

We are currently inviting all our community members to migrate to the next-generation mobile apps that can be found here:
https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps

Let me know how you like the new app.

Thanks!
paladinmdo

Posted: Dec 26, 2023
As to communication- could the devs have a sticky post to just convey what’s happening with the next-gen app? Not a timeline, but a “here’s a significant thing we implemented today.” Or a better faq about how to do something that’s different in the next-gen app.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 26, 2023
Posted by paladinmdo:
As to communication- could the devs have a sticky post to just convey what’s happening with the next-gen app? Not a timeline, but a “here’s a significant thing we implemented today.” Or a better faq about how to do something that’s different in the next-gen app.

Hi Paladinmdo,

Thanks a lot for this.
We will implement this asap!

Kind regards,
Toodledo
76steelers

Posted: Jan 22, 2024
With what are you replacing Toodledo?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.