ForumsQuestionsApo crashing on new Samsung phone

Apo crashing on new Samsung phone
Scott Kushner

Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Score: 0 Reference
This is same problem as identified on forum a year ago. I just updated to new Samsung after 2 years and am experiencing now. Crashes after attempting any action.

Tried clearing cache, then tried reinstall. Same results.

HELP. Unusable!
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Feb 23, 2024
Scott,

Thanks for reaching out.
Can you confirm that you have downloaded the next generation mobile app:
https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps

Thanks and kind regards,
Hasnain
simon.berg

Posted: Feb 28, 2024
Same issue here.
The classic iOS app has been crashing regularly after about every second check-off of a task for months now.
I have been very patient with this.

The classic Android app now shows the same behaviour (instant app crash) after every check-off or creation of a task.
This started after this weekend's authentication error had been fixed.
Tried uninstalling the app, restarting phone an reinstalling ab.
Issue persists.
It seems to save sate before crashing, though. No data loss.

After installation today, the next gen Android app is creating hundreds of in-app pop-ups "Permissions needed for reminders" (which I don't need and won't activate). The app then became unresponsive.
After a minute or so, Android reported that the Process System became unresponsive. Shortly after that, Android reported that the System UI isn't responding.
After a phone restart, I can now open the app, configure it in a rudimentary way, getting asked about that permission ramdomly. Pop up frequency seems to go down.

Toodledo does not look great on all three app versions I tried.
I have been a Toodledo user for almost ten years now. The service degradation seems to be accelerating, sadly.
Jonathan Cowan

Posted: Mar 02, 2024
Similar issues here. Classic app crashing after upgrade to S24 Ultra. Widgets won't update anymore. That was primary reason I haven't started using new app yet.

Tried using the new app over past few days. Had the same weird Permissions pop ups as mentioned above, however I enabled notifications and that resolved that. Now I'm not getting persistent notifications for overdue tasks. Already seeing things slip through the cracks.

Sad to have to look to move my system over to another app, been a premium user on here for many years.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
For the Legacy Android app, we have an update in review with Google right now which should go out in the next day or two.

As a workaround, you can go to your Android Settings app, -> Apps -> find the Toodledo app (make sure you're clicking on the legacy app) -> scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Alarms & Reminders" then toggle "Allow settings alarms and reminders". This should stop the crashing.

We will have an update out for the new Android app this week.

If you experience any other issues, please file a support ticket for a faster response:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Jonathan Cowan

Confirmed classic app is working for me again. Thanks Pamela!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.