ForumsGetting Things Done®GTD Apps of the Future

GTD Apps of the Future
johnprince2112

Posted: Dec 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Jake,

Have you guys thought about an integration email system? It's such an intrugal part of most everyone's dailt work flow I can't help but think it needs to be added in, as a means to stay ahead of the competition. I can help you with a work flow, essentially ;-)

I think the 1.0 version could have:

1. Interface into a "beta" email system. I vote Exchange (I can get you in on Exchange, and a lot of there users require a long certification process - I can pull some strings ). ;-)

2. Bolt on an interface that has the same look and feel (as the beta group is accustomed)...

3. Provide ability to right-click (and/or menu click) on email record and "re-assign" it. Down and dirty could be provide your properties bag in a pop-up control.

This (or any variant thereof) would set a baseline for some very productive modules going forward, I believe.

I truly believe your company is not the type to tip-toe in to a cutting edge lion's den like this, but instead running and screaming, punching it in the mouth. It's happening and in a year or two i feel most productivity apps will have it. As noted, I am willing to help on whatever level you like, technical or functional. My services are free because I love Toodledo and want to see it stay ahead!
tomcal

Posted: Dec 02, 2015
johnprince2112,

Great points. One of the main things that I miss about IQTell is the email integration. It was nice working in one app most of the time. While I have set up macros to push emails from Outlook to Toodledo, it loses the ability to reply, etc. They just become dead tasks that require me to go back into Outlook for the context and to do anything with it.

If Toodledo can pull this off, it would be terrific.
tomcal

Posted: Dec 02, 2015
And now I'm going to have to spend the next few minutes poking around IQTell so I can remind myself why I left it to return to Toodledo. I really miss that email integration...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.